Chewy Granola Bars
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This will be a welcome addition to your morning coffee or afternoon tea. Throw a couple in a resealable bag and you have a great on-the-go snack. So good and chewy! The Test Kitchen
2 cold fashioned oats
2 cpuffed rice cereal
1/2 csunflower seeds and/or slivered almonds
1/4 cwheat germ
1/2 ccoconut, shredded
1/4 cdark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4-1/2 craisin and/or craisins
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 ccorn syrup, light
1/2 cpeanut butter, creamy
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Chewy Granola Bars
- line a 13x9 inch pan with parchment or wax paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine oats, puffed rice, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, chocolate chips, coconut and raisins. Set aside.
- In microwave safe bowl, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. Heat on high for 2 miutes until mixture boils, stirring halfway through. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture; stir until it is moist. Press firmly into pan. Let sit for one hour before cutting into bars.
- **These are really chewy, but if you like a crunchy granola bar you can put them in the fridge and they will harden right up** ENJOY!!