★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 c
- almonds, skin on
- 1 c
- hazelnuts, skin on
- 1 c
- walnuts, skin on
- 5 c
- 1/2 c
How to Make Caramel Nut Crunch
- 1Roast the nuts first to bring out the flavor. In a pan, cook over medium heat until they start to give off a scent.
- 2Place the sugar in a nonstick pan and cook over high heat until it starts to melt. If necessary, add a bit of water to help.
- 3Turn the heat down to medium low and continue to cook until the sugar turns a deep rich brown color. Add all the nuts and mix well. Cook for a few minutes, making sure the nuts are fully coated.
- 4Remove from heat and quickly spread the hot mixture onto a cookie mat or an oiled sheet of foil to the desired thickness (I liked it about 1/2 an inch thick)
Let cool for half an hour before breaking into smaller pieces.
- 5Different sugars can be used the cheapest regular white sugar, brown sugar, to name a few. You can experiment with them.
About Caramel Nut Crunch
Leave a Comment