★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 calmonds, skin on
1 chazelnuts, skin on
1 cwalnuts, skin on
How to Make Caramel Nut Crunch
- Roast the nuts first to bring out the flavor. In a pan, cook over medium heat until they start to give off a scent.
- Place the sugar in a nonstick pan and cook over high heat until it starts to melt. If necessary, add a bit of water to help.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and continue to cook until the sugar turns a deep rich brown color. Add all the nuts and mix well. Cook for a few minutes, making sure the nuts are fully coated.
- Remove from heat and quickly spread the hot mixture onto a cookie mat or an oiled sheet of foil to the desired thickness (I liked it about 1/2 an inch thick)
Let cool for half an hour before breaking into smaller pieces.
- Different sugars can be used the cheapest regular white sugar, brown sugar, to name a few. You can experiment with them.