Candied Orange Walnuts (Connie's)
How to Make Candied Orange Walnuts (Connie's)
- 1Recipe for making in the microwave:
- 2Place sugar, corn syrup and butter in a microwave-safe dish and cook on high for approximately 30 seconds.
- 3Add walnut pieces.
- 4Cook on high, checking every 30 seconds until walnuts are amber in color.
- 5Remove from microwave. Stir in extract.
- 6Pour onto a cookie sheet and cool completely.
Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
- 7Recipe for on the stove:
- 8Melt sugar, corn syrup and butter in a large shallow pan over medium heat until incorporated.
- 9Add walnuts and cook stirring constantly for about 15 minutes or until amber in color.
- 10Remove from stove and stir in extract.
- 11Pour onto cookie sheet and cool completely.
- 12Store in an airtight container in a cool place.