- 1 lb
- raw "green" peanuts (not the color green, but fresh raw peanuts which are called green peanuts)
- 2 Tbsp
- table salt (you may use more or less depending on your taste)
- 4 c
- you can add other seasonings as you fancy. i like to make mine spicy by adding crushed red peppers.
GRANDMA'S BOILED PEANUTS
How to Make Boiled Peanuts
- 1Make sure to rinse the peanuts thoroughly in water.
- 2You have 2 options here. You can cook these stove top or crock pot. Personally, I like to use the crock pot. Grandma never had a crock pot and cooks it old school on the stove top. Both methods are very easy...IF YOU COOK ON STOVETOP, MAKE SURE TO CHECK WATER LEVELS- don't end up like me and burn the boiled peanuts- ha-ha. True story. Ruined a good stock pot last month.
But I digress...
Put your water, salt, and peanuts in a large stockpot or crock pot.
Bring to a boil. Cover. Boil for 2 to 3 hours or longer until peanuts reach desired level of softness.
For crock pot:
Add all ingredients and cover. I leave my crock on all day long at a low/medium heat. Depending on the desired softness, you can alter this to your liking.
- 3Grandma always says, "Now don't eat too many now, they'll make you fat" Then she laughs and will eat the whole batch with me.
Enjoy them! Make sure to refrigerate any you do not eat right away. They will keep in the fridge for about 3 days or so.