Veggie Cream Cheese Spread
- 16 oz
- (2 blocks) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- minced green onions
- 2 tsp
- minced fresh garlic
- 1 small
- green bell pepper,finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- baby carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large
- cucumber,seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp
- ice water, to cover the vegetables
How to Make Veggie Cream Cheese Spread
- 1Wash the veggies,minus the garlic and cream cheese, and put them in for a dice in the food processor. When they are all finely minced, scoop them into a large mixing bowl.Cover the mixture with ice water and stir in the salt. Cover the bowl with a plate or plastic wrap and let it sit for a half hour. Meanwhile, place the cream cheese in the food processor and blend til softened and spreadable. Set aside.
- 2Drain the vegetables well, preferably in a collander and then squeeze the remaining water out in a clean dish cloth. This is essential to achieve a good consistancy. Add the veggies to the cream cheese in the food processor, and then the garlic. Blend for 7 seconds on med speed(or blend button) and taste to see if it needs any more salt. Usually doesnt, but add as you wish. Can even spice it up if you wish with hot sauce or hot peppers, but I find it tends to take away the wonderful veggie flavors in the mild cheese.
- 3Spread on crackers,toasted english muffins or ,my favorite, toasted bagels. Even good with veggies. Can use low fat cream cheese but the no-fat tends to be too sweet. Your choice.