Parmesan and Thyme Crackers
This recipe just happen to strike my fancy, as I could see a lot of different ways to make it.
Foodnetwork.com, 2006 Ina Garten
- 1 stick
- 3 oz
- grated parmesan ( i use 1 cup )
- 1 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp
- chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- about 3 tablespoons water
How to Make Parmesan and Thyme Crackers
- 1Place butter in a bowl of an electric mixer (paddle attachment) and mix until creamy.
Add Parmesan, flour, salt, thyme and pepper and combine.
Add water as needed to form a ball of dough.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the log crosswise, with a sharp knife, into 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices.
I like thin slices for a crunchier cracker.
Place slices on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper and bake for 22 minutes.
Substitute thyme for: 1 tsp rosemary and garlic powder
or: 1 tsp Greek seasoning
or: Lemon zest and lemon juice (no water)