★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxmulti-grain saltines
1 pkglipton vegetable soup mix
2 tspgarlic powder
2 tsponion powder
1 tsphungarian paprika, sweet
1/2 tspgreek seasoning, cavenders salt free
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspparsley flakes
1 ccanola oil
2 galzip lock bag
How to Make NOT SO FIRECRACKERS
- Grind soup mix in spice mill until everything is a fine powder.
Add remaining herbs and spices to soup mix, pulse mill once or twice to mix well.
- Place crackers into zip lock bag.
Add dry ingredients/herb mix, seal bag.
Gently rotate bag several times, until crackers are thoroughly coated with herb mixture.
- Pour 1 cup oil into bag, seal bag and rotate until all crackers are coated with oil.
Lay bag as flat on counter as possible for approximately 10 minutes, then rotate bag and lay bag flat on counter again.
Repeat the last step whenever you think about it, until oil is completely absorbed and all the crackers are seasoned.
- Voila! No baking, no fuss, no muss.
All that's left to do is...Eat!
The flavor is better if left in bag overnight, if you can wait.
- Firecrackers are great with cream cheese or hummus on top.
But we love them with nothing, just the crunchy goodness.
Beware, they disappear quickly.