- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- green onions, chopped fine
- 8 slice
- bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 c
- crushed butter flavored crackers
How to Make Hot Bacon Cheese Dip
- 1In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, thyme and pepper. Stir in the cheese, green onions, and half of the bacon. Transfer to a greased 3 cup baking dish.
- 2Bake uncovered at 350* for 13 to 15 minutes or until bubbly. Top with crushed crackers and remaining bacon. Serve with assorted crackers.
My family likes it with more bacon so I use 10 thick sliced bacon strips when I make it. I also shred my own cheese instead of using the preshredded cheese because it melts better. I usually skip the cracker part, and I don't bake it but I put it in my small crock pot and it works beautifully especially if you are taking someplace for a potluck ( if you do this just mix all the bacon into the cheese instead of saving half for the top). However, when I do bake it at home I make my own buttered cracker crumbs instead of the boxed kind. (just take saltines and crush them up and then drizzle with melted butter and toss to mix gently).