By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 13 oz
- extra sharp chedder cheese
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- corn oil margarine
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- pecan halves (optional)
How to Make Cheese Wafers
- 1Grate cheese and mix with softened butter, margarine, salt and pepper until light.
- 2Add flour and mix thoroughly (you may need to get your hands into the mixture to incorporate all the flour).
- 3Form the mixture into 3 or 4 rolls, about the diameter of a quarter.
- 4Wrap each in aluminum foil and chill overnight.
- 5The next day, cut into thin slices and press a pecan half on top of each, if you wish.
- 6Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 to 375 for about 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- 7Can be made 3 to 4 days ahead and stored in airtight container.