- 1/2 lb
- sharp cheddar cheese (i've cheated and used the already shredded stuff)
- 1 stick
- softened butter
- 3 dash(es)
- hot red pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- fresh dill or rosemary
- 1 c
- unbleached all purpose flour
How to Make Cheddar Pennies
- 1Shred cheese with hand grater, then chop with knife. Really pulverize it!
- 2Beat together butter, cheese, pepper sauce and seasoning on high speed until creamy.
Lower the speed.
Mix in flour, 1/3 cup at a time.
It will be soft.
- 3Transfer dough to wax paper.
Shape it into 2 logs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Refrigerate till firm -- about 2 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 325°.
Line baking sheet with parchment or spray with non-stick spray.
Cut logs into 1/4 inch slices
Bake until slightly brown and almost crisp -- about 15 minutes