Barbara Arledge Bynum
How to Make Cheddar Crackers
- 1Stir the dry ingredients into a bowl and then cut in the butter to resemble cornmeal.
- 2Blend in the cheddar cheese with a fork until well blended.
- 3Mix in the remaining ingredients and shape into 1 and 1/2-inch to 2-inch rolls.
- 4Chill for 30 to 40 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 5Slice each roll into slices about 1/4-inch thick.
- 6Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from cookie sheet and let cool. Store the
cooled crackers in airtight containers in a cool place. They will keep for several weeks this way and if you freeze them, they will last indefinitely.