Cheddar Cheese Snack Crackers
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cflour
1 cshredded sharp cheddar
5 1/2 Tbspunsalted butter
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspground tumeric
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
How to Make Cheddar Cheese Snack Crackers
- Place all ingredients in a good processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add 1/2 cup water through food chute, 1 Tbsp. at a time, pulsing until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Press each half of dough gently into a 4 inch circle on plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat to 375.
- Place half of dough in center between two baking sheet-size pieces of parchment. Keep other half of dough in refrigerator.
- Roll dough into a 10 inch square about 1/8 inch thick.
- Carefully remove top piece of parchment. Cut dough into 1 inch squares using a fluted pastry wheel or knife. Piece a whole in the center of each square with a toothpick.
- using a spatula, carefully place squares on lined baking sheets spacing 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake sheets of squares until crisp. About 20 minutes.
- Tranfer crackers to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining half of dough.