Cheddar Cheese Snack Crackers
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar
- 5 1/2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- ground tumeric
- 1/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Cheddar Cheese Snack Crackers
- 1Place all ingredients in a good processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add 1/2 cup water through food chute, 1 Tbsp. at a time, pulsing until dough forms a ball.
- 2Divide dough in half. Press each half of dough gently into a 4 inch circle on plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour.
- 3Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat to 375.
- 4Place half of dough in center between two baking sheet-size pieces of parchment. Keep other half of dough in refrigerator.
- 5Roll dough into a 10 inch square about 1/8 inch thick.
- 6Carefully remove top piece of parchment. Cut dough into 1 inch squares using a fluted pastry wheel or knife. Piece a whole in the center of each square with a toothpick.
- 7using a spatula, carefully place squares on lined baking sheets spacing 1/2 inch apart.
- 8Bake sheets of squares until crisp. About 20 minutes.
- 9Tranfer crackers to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining half of dough.