Deborah J. Peterson
1 boxclub crackers
1 lbbacon - regular slice, not thick slice
1 tspgrated parmesan cheese & brown sugar (to be used separately)
·coarse ground black pepper
How to Make Bacon Bites
- Cut the pound of bacon in half, separate the slices & let set at room temperature to soften for easier wrapping.
- Set aside same number of Club Crackers for the number of slices of bacon. This will differ from brand to brand of bacon.
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet & spray with cooking oil (I use Coconut Oil Spray).
- Take a cracker & place a teaspoon of grated Parmesan cheese on it & carefully wrap one slice of bacon around it & place it on the greased wire rack. Do this to half of the bacon slices, then use the teaspoon of brown sugar for the other half of the bacon slices. This will give a half batch of savory bites & a half batch of sweet bites. Sprinkle coarse black pepper over all of the bacon bites.
- Bake for 2 hours, yep that long, til browned & crispy! Keep an eye on them during the last 15 mins to make sure they don't start getting too dark. Mine usually takes the full 2 hours. Remove each of the Bacon Bites to a cooling rack until cooled through. Can be stored in Ziplock baggies or tin cans. Will remain crispy during storage.