Retro Chili Cheese Dip with Sausage and Velveeta
Photo by me.
- lb. hot italian or chopped andouille sausage (i prefer johnsonville)
- oz. chunk mexican velveeta, cut up
- cups homemade chili, or about a 14-16 oz. can
- *toasted pita triangles, fritos scoops or white corn chips for dipping
- *sour cream, jalapenos and tomatoes for extra fun
- *one small crowd of hungry friends!
How to Make Retro Chili Cheese Dip with Sausage and Velveeta
- 1In small frying pan, saute sausage til done breaking up as you go. *If using andouille, remove casings and pinch off pieces into pan. Drain grease. Pour into medium-sized bowl. Add cut-up Velveeta, pour chili over top. Microwave til cheese is melted stirring now and then til all is creamy. Serve with dippers and extra condiments of choice!
- 2*If you don't have any leftover chili on hand, and can't stand the canned kind like me, you can sub a can of Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chilies, add a little chili powder and cumin to taste, and up the sausage if preferred.