How to Make Frickles
- 1Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- 2In a wide flat pan, combine flour, cornmeal, and seasoning.
- 3In a small bowl, make a slurry of mustard and beer.
- 4Dip the pickle slices in the mustard mixture, then in the flour/cornmeal mixture.
- 5Slip slices into hot oil and deep fry until batter is browned. The pickles will float to the top when done.
- 6Remove pickles from the hot oil with tongs and drain on paper towels on a shallow plate.
- 7Serve with Ranch dressing or with your favorite dipping sauce.