2 lbground beef(can use 1/2 ground sausage) or
2 lbground sausage (italian or breakfast)
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tsporegano, dried
25 ozmarinara sauce
16 ozziti, uncooked
15 ozricotta cheese, low-fat or low-fat cottage cheese
1 Tbspparsley flakes, dried
2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
1 cparmesan cheese, grated
·sour cream, optional
How to Make Slow-Cooker Beef Ziti
- Brown ground beef in a medium skillet. Drain.
- Add garlic, and oregano. Cook until tender, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Spray crock of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine ground beef and marinara sauce.
- Fill marinara sauce jar with water and add stir into the ground beef and marinara sauce.
- Spoon ½ of the beef and marinara sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour in ziti noodles and stir.
- Mix parsly flakes with Ricotta cheese. Spread on top of mixture, sprinkle with ½ of Mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon remainder of beef and marinara sauce over the cheeses and cook for about 5 hours on low heat.
- Remove lid from slow cooker and add remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Return lid to slow cooker and allow cheese to melt for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, optional.