Zuchini Mushrooms Boats
★★★★★ 1 vote5
24cleaned white/button mushrooms
2/3 cunsalted butter
4garlic cloves finely chopped
3 Tbspfinely chopped onion
1/2 citalian bread crumbs
3/4 cfreshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tspitalian seasoning
How to Make Zuchini Mushrooms Boats
- Trim ends of zucchini; place in a steamer basket. In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add basket. Cover and steam for 5 minutes. When zucchini is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Set pulp aside in a bowl.
- Clean mushrooms with damp towel and trim stems, chop coarsely. Melt butter in large non-stick skillet sauté onions until translucent, add garlic, chopped mushrooms and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until all tender. Add bread crumbs,1/3 cup parmesan cheese and seasoning, when all ingredients are well incorporated remove from stove.
- Toss with Zucchini pulp gently, Stuff Zucchini boats with this mixture and arrange them in baking dish. Sprinkle a little grated parmesan cheese over the tops. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until filling is just bubbling and cheese is melted on top. Cool slightly, serve.
- Note: Its important to trim stems they will be tough and make filling woody.
Make sure you do not burn garlic or it will bitter the filling.
- This can be served as an appetizer cut in 2-inch slices, served over Noodles toss with a light lemon olive oil or white rice.
These can be done a day before, and stored in Refrigerator overnight, and then put in Oven before serving.