Zuchini Mushrooms Boats
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 medium
- cleaned white/button mushrooms
- 2/3 c
- unsalted butter
- garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped onion
- 1/2 c
- italian bread crumbs
- 3/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
How to Make Zuchini Mushrooms Boats
- 1Trim ends of zucchini; place in a steamer basket. In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add basket. Cover and steam for 5 minutes. When zucchini is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Set pulp aside in a bowl.
- 2Clean mushrooms with damp towel and trim stems, chop coarsely. Melt butter in large non-stick skillet sauté onions until translucent, add garlic, chopped mushrooms and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until all tender. Add bread crumbs,1/3 cup parmesan cheese and seasoning, when all ingredients are well incorporated remove from stove.
- 3Toss with Zucchini pulp gently, Stuff Zucchini boats with this mixture and arrange them in baking dish. Sprinkle a little grated parmesan cheese over the tops. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until filling is just bubbling and cheese is melted on top. Cool slightly, serve.
- 4Note: Its important to trim stems they will be tough and make filling woody.
Make sure you do not burn garlic or it will bitter the filling.
- 5This can be served as an appetizer cut in 2-inch slices, served over Noodles toss with a light lemon olive oil or white rice.
These can be done a day before, and stored in Refrigerator overnight, and then put in Oven before serving.