Zucchini with Corn and Cheese ( calabacitas con elote y queso )
How to Make Zucchini with Corn and Cheese ( calabacitas con elote y queso )
- Wash and trim both ends of zucchini, and cut zucchini down the middle in a cross, and then slice across. Do not cut too thin or too thick.
- slice off kernels of corn from the cob.
- Place the above veg's in a med size skillet that has a fitting lid.
- Add the tomatoes and onions on top of veg's
- add salt.
- pour water over the top.
cover and cook over med heat for approx. 15 min
- After 15 min, toss gently to mix ingredients and taste for salt.
- Lower heat to low, cover and simmer, and cook for add'l 5 to 7 min. till zucchini is tender. Turn off heat.
- remove lid and spread cheese over the top, cover with lid until cheese melts.