★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pinchgarlic salt
1/4 conions, finely chopped
2 slicebacon, diced
2 sliceof a large zucchini (or other squash)
1/2 cof a small potato (precooked in microwave for 3-4 minutes), cut into 4 slices
3 Tbspaged light cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Zucchini, Potato, Bacon Casserole for 1
- preheat oven to 350. spray a single serving casserole dish with cooking spray. set aside.
- in a blender, blend cherry tomatoes, thyme and garlic salt. spread on the bottom of the small, single serving casserole dish.
- in a small frying pan, cook onion and bacon until bacon is cooked.
- layer in dish as follows,tomato sauce, zucchini slice, 2 slices potato, i tablespoon cheese, 1/2 of the bacon and onion and repeat. zucchini slice, 2 slices potato, 1 tablespoon cheese, half the bacon and onion and top with remaining cheese.
- bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until zucchini is cooked (fork tender). if your topping is getting to crispy then cover dish until it is completely cooked.