- 2 medium zucchini, sliced (1/4-inch)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine (or chicken stock with 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or 1/4 tsp. regular iodized salt)
- grated parmesan for serving
How to Make Zucchini Pilaf!
- 1Sauté zucchini and garlic in olive oil until just wilted. Remove from skillet
- 2Add butter to pan and sauté rice until it starts to turn golden brown.
- 3Place rice into a saucepan. Add broth, wine and salt and bring to a boil.
Place zucchini on top BUT DO NOT STIR!
- 4Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until rice is done, about 20 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan.
NOTE: Please don't use the stuff in The Green Can. :-)