1/2 call-purpose flour
1/2 cvegan bread crumbs
1/2 csoy milk
6-7 Tbspolive oil
2 cspaghetti sauce
12 ozvegan mozzarella "cheese"
2 Tbspsoy parmesan "cheese"
5-6fresh basil leaves
How to Make Zucchini Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice the zucchini 1/4 inch lengthwise.
- Salt the slices and place them into a colander. Allow to set for 15-20 min. in order to draw out the moisture and remove any bitterness.
- Put the flour, soy milk, and bread crumbs into separate shallow bowls. Dip each slice of zucchini into the flour to coat it, then into the soy milk, then into the bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Put the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini slices, fry until golden and crispy on both sides, then drain on paper towels.
- Pour thin layer of spaghetti sauce on to a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Add the eggplant slices, arranging them to that they overlap. Top with the mozzarella and Parmesan "cheeses," basil, and a little more tomato sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes.