Zucchini, Mushroom, Onion Saute
- 2-3 medium
- zucchini (increase for more servings)
- 5-6 large
- cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 small
- sweet yellow onion
- 1-2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1-2 oz
- Monterey Jack cheese (optional, but good!)
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Zucchini, Mushroom, Onion Saute
- 1Heat large skillet over medium to med-high heat. While it's heating, rinse zucchini and slice into quarter inch slices. Do the same with the onion and mushrooms, a little thinner for the onion.
- 2When pan is hot, add oil. Starting with onions, saute until they begin to get soft, 2-3 minutes.
- 3Next, add sliced zucchini, salt and pepper and stir. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until zucchini is noticeably softer and starting to brown on edges.
- 4Lastly, add sliced mushrooms and cook another 2-3 minutes. All veggies should still be slightly firm. Turn off heat, leaving skillet on burner, and top with cheese (optional) until it melts over the veggies. Serve. You can add crushed or minced garlic, garlic powder, fresh herbs...whatever you like and have on hand. Enjoy! It's simple and delish!