I found them in an Italian cookbook and have made them several times. The cookbook was a good buy for this recipe alone.
How to Make Zucchini Fritters
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add the eggs to the well and gradually draw in the flour.
- Slowly add the milk to the mixture, stirring constantly to form a thick batter.
- Meanwhile, wash the zucchinis. Grate them over paper towels to absorb some of the juices.
- Add the zucchinis, thyme, salt and pepper (to taste) to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Spoon small amounts of mixture into the hot oil and cook, in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the fritters from skillet and place on paper towels to absorb some of the oil.