I found them in an Italian cookbook and have made them several times. The cookbook was a good buy for this recipe alone.
- 3 1/2 oz
- self rising flour
- eggs beaten
- 1/4 c
- 10 1/2 oz
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp
- salt and pepper
How to Make Zucchini Fritters
- 1Sift the flour into a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add the eggs to the well and gradually draw in the flour.
- 2Slowly add the milk to the mixture, stirring constantly to form a thick batter.
- 3Meanwhile, wash the zucchinis. Grate them over paper towels to absorb some of the juices.
- 4Add the zucchinis, thyme, salt and pepper (to taste) to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- 5Heat the oil in a large skillet. Spoon small amounts of mixture into the hot oil and cook, in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 6Remove the fritters from skillet and place on paper towels to absorb some of the oil.