- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup (or cream of celery)
- 4 c
- stuffing mix, herb-seasoned (or plain)
- 2/3 c
- melted butter or margarine
- 3 c
- sliced zucchini (slice about 1/4 inch thick) may also use yellow squash or mexican calabacita squash
- semi-cooked carrots (sliced about 1/4 inch thick) can use 2 cups of frozen carrots
- 1/2 c
- sour cream (may use light or fat-free)
- 1/2 medium
- chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp
- seasoned salt (optional)
How to Make ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Slice carrots and stew in a small amount of water for about 10 minutes. They need to be semi-soft. You may instead use frozen carrots. Mix sliced zucchini, carrots, onion, soup and Sour Cream together. Fold together the stuffing, melted margarine and seasoned salt and add to zucchini mixture.
- 2Place in greased baking dish. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for an hour.
(Optional) May melt a few ounces of your favorite cheese on top if desired. Add about 15 minutes before removing from oven.