1 cbasmati rice
3 smallzucchini, sliced about 1/2" thick
1 mediumonion, large diced
1 largetomato, seeded and diced
1 cfresh or frozen corn
4 clovegarlic, minced
·salt and pepper to taste
1 tspdried italian herbs (optional)
·parmean cheese, grated (optional)
How to Make Zucchatash
- Cook Basmati rice according to directions
- While rice is cooking; in medium skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion until transluscent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add zucchini and saute for about 5 minutes or until just tender crisp (you don't want the zucchini mushy). (this will heat the tomato through, but keep it from over cooking),and adjust seasonings. Can be either served over the rice or mixed with the rice. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.
- Add corn and heat through - about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper (and Italian herbs, if desired).
- Turn off heat and gently stir in tomato (this will heat the tomato through, but keep it from over cooking),and adjust seasonings.
- Can be either served over the rice or mixed with the rice. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.
- For those of you who aren't sure how to cook rice, here's how I do it:
Rinse 1 cup Basmati rice under cold water.
In medium sauce pan, bring 2 cups water, 1 T butter and 1/2 t salt to a boil. Stir in rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.