Yammy Apples - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
As usual, her recipes are always wonderful!
This is a very nice side dish for the holiday meals.
Hope you enjoy!
Photo to be added later.
- 1 medium
- sweet potato
- 1 large
- (or 2 small) fresh apples
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 can(s)
- (8-oz) crushed pineapple, partly drained
How to Make Yammy Apples - Dee Dee's
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease casserole dish and set aside.
- 2Peel and slice sweet potatoes thin, crosswise. Cook in salted water until barely tender; drain.
- 3Meanwhile, wash, core and slice un-peeled apples; set aside.
- 4Mix sugar and flour in a 1 qt sauce pan; add milk. Cook over medium low heat until thickened. Add butter and vanilla; stir until butter is melted.
- 5Layer yams, apples and pineapple in prepared casserole dish. Pour milk and sugar mixture over all. Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly.