Yammy Apples - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
As usual, her recipes are always wonderful!
This is a very nice side dish for the holiday meals.
Hope you enjoy!
Photo to be added later.
1 mediumsweet potato
1 large(or 2 small) fresh apples
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 tspvanilla extract
1 can(s)(8-oz) crushed pineapple, partly drained
How to Make Yammy Apples - Dee Dee's
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease casserole dish and set aside.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes thin, crosswise. Cook in salted water until barely tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, wash, core and slice un-peeled apples; set aside.
- Mix sugar and flour in a 1 qt sauce pan; add milk. Cook over medium low heat until thickened. Add butter and vanilla; stir until butter is melted.
- Layer yams, apples and pineapple in prepared casserole dish. Pour milk and sugar mixture over all. Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly.