★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- thin green beans, trimmed
- 4 slice
- bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground pepper, or to taste
How to Make Wilted Green Bean Salad
- 1Bring about 3 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add green beans and return to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a vigorous simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Pour out all but about 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan.
- 3Drain the beans and transfer to a bowl. Add scallions and toss. Pour on vinegar and toss to coat. Pour reserved bacon fat over the beans, add the bacon and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Serving size: 2/3 cups each
Calories:76, Fat:5g, Sat Fat:1g, Mono Fat:2g, Cholesterol:8mg, Carbs:6g, Fiber:3g, Protein:3g, Sodium:222mg, Potassium:157mg