Whipped Coconut Sweet Potatoes
2 lbsweet potatoes
1 Tbspcoconut oil
1/2 cupcoconut cream
3 Tbspbrown sugar, packed
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/3 cupunsweetened coconut, shredded or shaved
How to Make Whipped Coconut Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Using a fork, pierce sweet potatoes in 3 to 4 spots on all sides, and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Allow sweet potatoes to cool enough to handle, then slice in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh into stand mixer bowl.
- Top sweet potato with coconut oil, coconut cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Using the whisk attachment, whip sweet potatoes until light and fluffy. Adjust sugar and coconut cream to desired sweetness, and whisk until well incorporated.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and garnish with shredded coconut. Serve immediately.