Versatile Zucchini Patties
However, it is extremely versatile! I have made it tossing in shredded carrots, shredded Summer Squash, corn, peppers, different cheeses, and various spices!
It has been a winner EVERY TIME!
These are great warmed up the next day for breakfast too!
The ONLY draw back, I have not been able to make them successfully without frying them. :( I tried with PAM but it didn't work.
- 2 cups grated zucchini (or various vegetables; carrots, corn, etc)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to Make Versatile Zucchini Patties
- 1Spread zucchini. Lay out on paper towels or in a colander (with a bowl under it), sprinkle zucchini with salt and let rest for at least 30 minutes (I get best results when I let it sit for several hours). This step pulls out excess moisture from the zucchini/squash.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese (add seasoning at this time as well if you desire).
- 3Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.