How to Make Vegetable Hints
- If fresh vegetables are wilted or blemished, pick off the brown edges . Sprinkle with cold water , wrap in a towel and refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Perk up soggy lettuce by adding lemon juice to a bowl of cold water and soak for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Lettuce and celery will crisp up fast if you place it in cold water and add a few slices of potatoes
- If vegetables are overdone, put the pot in a pan of cold water Let it stand from 15 minutes to 30 without scraping pot.
- By lining the crisper tray in refrigerator with newspaper, and wrapping vegetables with itmoisture will be absorbed and your vegetables will stay fresh longer.