Vegan Hominy and squash cassarole
Healthy and tasty!
3 Tbspvegan margarine
3/4 cfinely chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cfinely chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cfinely chopped onion
2 c1/2-inch pieces peeled butternut squash
1 can(s)chick peas
15oz can(s)whole golden hominy, rinsed, drained
1 cfrozen corn kernels, thawed
1/2 cpanko (japanese) bread crumbs
1/3 cchopped fresh cilantro
·salt and pepper
How to Make Vegan Hominy and squash cassarole
- turn on oven to Preheat to 450 degrees.
- Melt 2 tablespoons vegan margarine in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red and green bell peppers; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add squash and chick peas; stir to blend. Cover; cook until squash is almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in hominy and corn. Cover; cook until corn is tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.Season with salt and pepper.
- mix Panko (Japanese) bread crumbs with half of the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with bread crumb topping dot with vegan margarine and bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until top browns. top with other half of fresh cilantro when it comes out of the oven. and serve.