Tuscan "baked" beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- two cans cannellini beans, drained, liquid reserved, 15.5 ounces each
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/3 cup pitted, chopped, olives
- 1 teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Tuscan "baked" beans
- 1sauté onion in oil in a pan over medium heat until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and Rosemary. Cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- 2Stir in beans, 1/2 cup reserved liquid, fontina, olives, salt, and pepper. Simmer mixture over low heat, stirring often, until cheese melts and flavors blend, about 20 minutes. Add more reserved liquid to loosen beans if needed. Remove beans from heat and stir in parsley. Makes 3 cups.