TURNIP AND CARROT MASH
Please read the directions carefully and follow them to a "T". The separate processing of the 2 ingredients is the secret to its uniqueness.
This is a review of my recipe on food.com:
***** "I started cooking this veggie combination years ago because my daughter didn't like turnip; I now cook it because my hubby doesn't like turnip! I've always cooked the 2 veggies in the same pot but I won't do that anymore. Boiling them separately ensured that each veg was cooked properly and the water was drained thoroughly. The texture & consistency of the veggies were much better using this method. Thanx Lee!"
How to Make TURNIP AND CARROT MASH
- 1Boil carrots and turnip/rutabaga SEPARATELY.
- 2When done, mash each SEPARATELY using as much cream, butter, and seasonings to your taste.
- 3Just before serving, drain any liquid formed at the bottom of each bowl and GENTLY combine the carrots and turnip/rutabaga.
- 4You should be able to see both carrot and turnip/rutabaga pieces in the combined dish.
- 6NB: Depending on your preferences, the amts of carrot vs turnip can be regulated. Leftovers freeze well.