Triple B! - Bacon, Brussels and Black Pepper
From Rachael Ray to Cook this everyone tries to get the unsuspecting patron to eat these lovely garden gnomes. Yet these poor little sprouts often end up cast aside or tossed to the family dog.
So, take this recipe, change it up to make it your own and go out there and bring new life to these miniature cabbages.
Also, this is a photo from an online site until I can get a good picture of my own creation.
- 3 slice
- bacon, thick country slices, chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed red pepper
- 1 lb
- brussel sprouts, bottom trimmed, cut in half if large
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 1 pinch
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- sliced smoked almonds
How to Make Triple B! - Bacon, Brussels and Black Pepper
- 1Heat a saute pan over medium flame. Add in the bacon pieces and cook until nice and crisp. Remove bacon to a plate with paper towels and drain all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat.
- 2To the pan add in the garlic, pepper and sprouts and quickly quickly toss to fully incorporate the ingredients.
- 3Saute the sprouts until they are lightly browned and tender, about 10 minutes. They should still be firm enough to hold shape.
- 4Add in lemon juice and toss again to sear in flavor, then add in sliced almonds. and saute for another minute or two. Season with salt and pepper as desired and serve.