Trio of Mixed Greens
How to Make Trio of Mixed Greens
- Place ham hocks in stock pot and cover with water. Cook, covered, for one hour until good and tender.
- Triple wash all the greens and trim. Strip away any large veins. Cut greens into ribbons. Keep collards separate as they require a longer cooking time.
- After ham hocks have cook sufficiently, add collards and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add mustard and turnip greens. After they have cooked down, taste for seasoning and adjust. Continue cooking until greens are to your liking. If they are too bitter for your taste toward the end of cooking, add some honey.
- Remove ham hocks from pot, dice meat and add back to the greens.
- Serve with hot pepper vinegar.