Tomato Side Dish
This is adapted from Make It Now- Bake it Later #1
- large cans sold pack tomatoes
- while cloves
- whole peppercorns
- bay leaf
- yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- 3 or 4 slice
- white bread, pulled into small pieces ( remove crusts)
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Tomato Side Dish
- 1Put cloves, peppercorns and bay leaf into cheesecloth bag. Cook tomatoes undrained with cheesecloth and a dash of salt on top of stove, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Add onion, sugar, bread and butter. Place in a greased baking dish, 8x8 or 9x9.
- 2When ready to bake, remove cheesecloth bag and bake at 400 for an hour.
- 3I have made this several ways. For example, putting everything into a baking dish and let it just bake. It doesn't taste as good!