Tomato Basil Pie
1unbaked pie crust, deep-dish
2large tomatoes, sliced
1large onion, chopped
1green pepper, diced
8 slicecrisp-fried bacon, crumbled
1 cgrated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cbasil, fresh, cut in to a chiffonade
·salt and pepper, and garlic powder to taste for the tomatoes
How to Make Tomato Basil Pie
- Slice tomatoes and place in unbaked pie crust. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Sprinkle with basil.
- Saute onions and peppers in butter and place on top of sliced tomatoes.
- Add bacon pieces.
- Mix cheese and mayonnaise and spread over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until crust is well browned.
- TIP: If your tomatoes are very juicy you may want to place on paper towels to soak up some juice.