Tomato Basil Pie
- unbaked pie crust, deep-dish
- large tomatoes, sliced
- large onion, chopped
- green pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- 8 slice
- crisp-fried bacon, crumbled
- 1 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- basil, fresh, cut in to a chiffonade
- salt and pepper, and garlic powder to taste for the tomatoes
How to Make Tomato Basil Pie
- 1Slice tomatoes and place in unbaked pie crust. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Sprinkle with basil.
- 2Saute onions and peppers in butter and place on top of sliced tomatoes.
- 3Add bacon pieces.
- 4Mix cheese and mayonnaise and spread over the top.
- 5Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until crust is well browned.
- 6TIP: If your tomatoes are very juicy you may want to place on paper towels to soak up some juice.