How to Make Tipsy Mushrooms
- Brush dirt from the mushrooms (do not wash) and pop off the stems.
- Slice into approximately 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and gently stir to coat. Add a good pinch of Kosher or Sea salt and pepper.
- Once mushrooms begin to wilt a little and the juices are coming out, add the garlic. Stir frequently to keep the garlic moving so it doesn't brown.
- Once the mushroom juices have evaporated, add the whiskey and slightly lower heat. Allow to simmer, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are completely soft and the liquid is reduced.
- Serve as a side dish or on top of poultry or steak or fat burgers.
Also makes a great topping for crusty bread slices!