The Best Brussel Sprouts EVER!
How to Make The Best Brussel Sprouts EVER!
- Preheat oven to 375*
- On medium high heat, cook your bacon until desired consistency. (I recommend cooked all the way through, but not completely crispy)
- while bacon is cooking, prep the sprouts. Clean and peel as needed, cut off bottom, and slice sprouts in half length wise. Also take this time to chop your onion.
- When bacon is done, remove bacon and place on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Place onion in the bacon fat already in the pan that has rendered off the bacon. If you need more fat, add a tablespoon or so. Saute the onions for a few minutes, and then add the sprouts. Cook until slightly golden in color, but not burnt. (about 5-10 minutes)
- Cut up bacon that you have already cooked, and add to mixture of sprouts and onion. Add salt an pepper to taste. Then place sprouts in oven. I cook all of this in a cast iron and then just place the pan in the oven and cook, but you can also place them on a cookie sheet to cook. Which ever you prefer. At this stage you can add Parmesan cheese if you like! (shredded NOT grated)
- Cook for about 15 minutes or so, to the desired consistency you prefer. We like them a little soft but still with a little cruch. Just past al dente.