Thai Grilled Sweetcorn
- ears of sweetcorn, leaves intact, silk removed
- stalk of lemongrass, inner stalk sliced into long thin strips
- 1 bottle
- lime, zested & juiced
- 1 stick
- butter, slightly softened, not melted, or 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Thai Grilled Sweetcorn
- 1Bruise the stips of lemongrass, then place one or more strips into each ear of corn, between the kernels and leaves. Place ears into a container and add the beer and the lime juice. Let marinate for an hour or so.
- 2While the corn is marinating, prepare the coconut-lime butter. Beat the lime zest, coconut cream and cayenne pepper into the butter or coconut oil until well combined, but don't overbeat. Using a spatula, place mixture onto a sheet of cling wrap or wax paper and shape into a log (or shape of your choice), and chill until ready to use.
- 3Grill corn on a medium to medium-low heat, husks on, for 10-15 minutes, turning every few minutes till done.
- 4Remove leaves and serve with a slice or two of the coconut-lime butter. Enjoy!