Tex-Mex Summer Squash Casserole
Hope you enjoy as well.
- 2 1/4 lb
- summer squash, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (about 10 cups)
- 2/3 c
- finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 oz
- chopped green chilies (canned)
- 1/2 c
- chopped jalapenos, drained (canned)
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, or to taste
- 2 1/4 c
- grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 7 oz.), divided
- 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- mild salsa
- scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped red onion for garnish
How to Make Tex-Mex Summer Squash Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray
- 3Combine squash, onion, chilies, jalapenos, salt and 3/4 cup cheese in a large bowl. Sprinkle with flour; toss to coat everything. Pour the mixture in the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- 4Bake the casserole until it is bubbling and the squash is tender, 35-45 minutes. Spoon salsa over the casserole and sprinkle with the remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake, uncovered, until golden and heated through, 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with scallions and red onion.