25small red or white new potatoes
1 pkglarge package of baby kale
1 stickbutter, melted
5 clovechopped garlic
1 pkgsliced mushrooms optional
dash(es)salt and pepper
How to Make Taters and Greens
- Begin by boiling the potatoes until semi-soft in a pot or microwave (5 minutes) with water. Cover with a lid to speed up the cooking.
- Melt butter in a dutch oven or large pot
- chop onion as finely as you like it, add to pan
- add the chopped or smashed garlic cloves to the pan
- slice or chop mushrooms if you like them, continue to saute all veggies
- Drain potatoes and slice them into 1/2 or 1/4 depending on the size of them. Add to pan stirring gently to coat with butter.
- Wash and remove stems from baby kale, it helps to "massage" the kale to increase the tenderness. Add to the pan and gently stir into the mixture.
- Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes until the kale is soft but not mushy.
- Allowing the steps to overlap by boiling while chopping and sauteing, you save time and energy! Serve it up and see how they like it! It is delicious and an easy way to get vitamins and veggies.