Tarta me Laxanika (Vegetable Tart)
- 250 g
- all purpose flour
- 150 g
- bitam margarine or butter (room temp)
- egg (room temp)
- 1 tsp
- 1 pinch
- leeks, sliced (not too thin!)
- onion, chopped
- fresh fennel, roughly chopped
- red peppers, florinas, skin removed
- scallions, chopped
- baby tomatoes, halved
- 250 g
- feta cheese
- 100 g
- gruyere cheese (graviera), grated
- thyme - dried, oregano, pepper
How to Make Tarta me Laxanika (Vegetable Tart)
- 1Sift flour,add salt and sugar. Add butter, breaking with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.Add beaten egg and knead slightly with fingers to form soft dough. Make a ball, wrap in clingfilm and put in fridge while preparing filling.
- 2Using olive oil, fry onions, leeks and fennel until slightly softened. Add scallions, tomatoes. Simmer for a couple of minutes,add peeled chopped peppers. Simmer again. Remove from heat. Mix in crumbled feta cheese.
- 3Remove pastry from fridge, roll out between two sheets of grease proof paper, doesn't stick and saves on cleaning after!!. Lightly grease your pie dish, line with pastry, fluting the edges and prick center with fork to avoid rising. Spread the filling and top with grated cheese.
- 4Bake in a pre-heated oven 180 degrees for about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly, tastes good hot or cold. Serve with a salad of your choice. Enjoy!!!