Swiss Cheese Strata1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1/2 lb
- pork sausage
- 7 oz
- stuffing mix, herb-seasoned
- 1 lb
- swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 c
- broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 14.5 oz
- chicken broth
- 1.25 c
- half and half
How to Make Swiss Cheese Strata
- 1In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, brown sausage, stirring to separate meat; spoon off fat.
- 2Butter 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- 3In large bowl, combine stuffing, cheese, broccoli and sausage; arrange evenly in prepared dish.
- 4In same bowl, beat eggs; stir in broth and half and half.
- 5Pour over stuffing mixture, covering all ingredients, then cover; refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 6Let stand at room temperature 1 hour; uncover.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set.
- 8To prepare individual servings: Substitute eight 4-inch tart pans for 13 by 9 inch baking