Swiss Chard With Scallions
- 2 large
- bunches swiss chard, with stems, washed
- 6 Tbsp
- butter or olive oil or 3 tablespoons each
- 2 bunch
- green onions, cut into quarter inch pieces
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- cider vinegar for dressing chard
How to Make Swiss Chard With Scallions
- 1Cut the Swiss chard into large pieces, plunge it into boiling water and cook it until the stems are just tender.
- 2Drain, shock under cold water and drain again. Squeeze out as much water as possible. Put the chard on a board and chop it up with a large knife.
- 3Melt the butter or olive oil in a deep pot. Add the scallions and cook them over moderate heat until just tender. Add the chopped chard, toss well, season to taste and serve with a drizzle of cider vinegar.