Swiss Baked Corn Cups
This is actually a Swiss recipe. This site doesn't have a "Swiss cuisine" category, so I selected French as I thought it was the closest cuisine choice.
- 3 1/2 c
- fresh corn kernels (or a 16-oz package frozen corn kernels)
- 1/4 c
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 large
- 2 1/2 oz
- can evaporated milk (1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 4 oz
- shredded gruyere cheese or american swiss cheese (1 cup)
How to Make Swiss Baked Corn Cups
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease six mini ramekins or custard cups (6-ounce size); set aside.
- 2In a covered medium saucepan, cook fresh corn and onion in a small amount of boiling, lightly salted water for 6 minutes. (Or cook frozen corn and onion according to package directions for corn.) Drain well.
- 3In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs with a fork. Stir in drained corn and onion, evaporated milk, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese. Pour mixture into the prepared ramekins. Place filled ramekins in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 4Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over corn mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.