★★★★★ 1 vote5
- jumbo red onions, cut crosswise, 3/4" thick
- jumbo white or yellow onions, cut crosswise.3/4" thick
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
How to Make Sweet Roasted Onions
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Keep slices intact, place red onions on 1 baking sheet & white onions on another.
- 2With brush, coat both sides of onion with oil & sprinkle with salt.
- 3Roast for 45 minutes.
- 4With spatula, flip onions over & rotate pans. Cook 3o more minutes or until tender & golden.
- 5Meanwhile mix brown sugar & cider vinegar together.
- 6Brush on onions & roast 5 more minutes.