SWEET PUMPKIN WON TON
Jo Anne Sugimoto
3/4 ccanned pumpkin puree
4 Tbspbrown sugar
1/4 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground cloves
1/4 tspvanilla extract
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1/4 ccream cheese, room temperature
40won ton wrappers
·oil for frying, peanut, canola, vegetable
How to Make SWEET PUMPKIN WON TON
- Mix together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla extract, nutmeg and cream cheese. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and the water for the egg wash.
- Keep the won ton wrappers covered with a damp cloth.
- Place one wrapper on a clean and dry surface. With a small pastry brush or your finger wet the edges of the wrapper with the egg wash.
- Scoop a teaspoon of the pumpkin mixture onto the middle of the wrapper and fold diagonally to form a triangle and seal. Repeat the procedure with all the wrappers.
- Be sure that all the wrappers are sealed close. If the filling oozes out, it will cause oil splatters.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet or a wok if you have one.
- Carefully put the won tons in the oil and fry till it is light golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with powdered sugar and let cool.