Sweet Potato Yema Balls
Leftovers make a great snack.
1/2 csweet potato
3egg yolks, beatened
1 can(s)condensed milk
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 cice cream (vanilla or vanilla-caramel flavour)
1/4 cheavy cream
1/4 cfinely chopped nuts (cashew or almonds)
How to Make Sweet Potato Yema Balls
- In a pot, boil carrot and sweet potato for 15 to 20 minutes or until soft. Mash until smooth (or use blender), then set aside.
- In a bowl, beat three (3) egg yolks. Add condensed milk & caramel. Whisk until well-blended.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat, add the egg-milk-caramel mixture and stir continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla-caramel ice cream and stir constantly for another 5 minutes or until the ice cream is thoroughly melted.
- Sprinkle finely chopped nuts and mix thoroughly for 10 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the carrot and sweet potato mash, then turn heat to medium and continue stirring for another 10 minutes.
- Splash thickened cream into the mixture and continue stirring until the mixture starts to hold together.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop 2 tsp of yema and form into balls.