Sweet Potato, Cheese And Onion Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 c
- cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
How to Make Sweet Potato, Cheese And Onion Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease an ovenproof dish and line it with the sweet potato slices.
- 3Pour in just enough water or stock to coat the base of the dish evenly and then dot with butter amongst the layers of potato.
- 4Arrange the onion circles on top of the the sweet potato and finish up with the cheese; sprinkle on the chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 5Cover the dish and cook for 1 hour, removing the lid for the last 15 minutes to brown.
- 6Serve hot as a main dish.